Connectivity Assistance Programs
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a U.S. government program run by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help low-income households pay for internet service and connected devices like a laptop or tablet.
You are likely eligible if your household’s income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line, or if you or someone you live with currently receives a government benefit like SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, WIC, Pell Grant, or Free and Reduced-Price Lunch.
If your household is eligible, you could receive:
- Up to a $30/month discount on your internet service
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
- A low cost service plan that may be fully covered through the ACP*
* Through a separate non-FCC initiative, additional no cost plans may be available to Affordable Connectivity Program enrollees. To learn more please visit GetInternet.gov. Provision of a link to this initiative does not imply FCC endorsement of any particular participating provider.
Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household. To receive the connected device discount, consumers need to enroll in the ACP with a participating provider that offers connected devices (Note: not all internet company offer device discounts.) The internet company will provide the discount to the consumer.
What is Lifeline?
Lifeline is a federal program dedicated to making phone and internet service more affordable for low-income households.
You may be eligible if your income is 135% or less than than the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if you or someone you live with currently receives a government benefit like SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, FPHA, or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
If your household is eligible you could receive:
- Up to a $9.25/month discount on your internet, phone, or bundled services
- Up to a $34.25/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
*Lifeline is a government assistance program, the service is non-transferable, only eligible consumers may enroll in the program, and the program is limited to one discount per household.
How to Receive your benefit
You can apply online, by mail, or by contacting your current internet company.
Apply by Mail or by Contacting an Internet Company
Are you already enrolled in Lifeline? You don’t need to apply again – click here to learn more.
Check availability with Visionary broadband
Click here to get connected.