Effective Date: June 7th, 2022
Your California Privacy rights
For information regarding a California resident’s rights under the Shine the Light Act and other California privacy laws, if applicable, please see the separate California Privacy Statement located at the end of this document.
1. General Informati0n
When User utilizes Visionary service(s), the Personal Information User sends and receives will be transmitted using a variety of transmission methods including fiber, point-to-point and point-to-multi-point wireless transmission, copper facilities, and digital subscriber line technology which could be subject to interception by unauthorized third parties. While it is Visionary’s objective to take reasonable measures to reduce the risk that unauthorized third parties will intercept the information User sends and receives through Visionary’s service, Visionary cannot and does not make any guarantee that transmissions over the Internet are 100% secure or error-free.
Visionary does not knowingly collect, solicit, or use Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If User is under age 13, please do not attempt to register for the services or send any Personal Information about yourself to Visionary. If Visionary learns that Visionary has collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, Visionary will delete that information as quickly as possible to the extent technically feasible. If User believes that its child under age 13 may have provided Visionary Personal Information, please contact Visionary at 888-862-1884.
2. What Types of Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use This Information?
The following are the different ways and reasons we collect User Personal Information:
Registration process, billing, and administration: User’s name, email address, phone number, billing address and billing information (such as credit card account number or other financial account information), service address, and the nature of any of User devices or other property making use of Visionary’s service(s) will be utilized by Visionary for User registration, service installation, troubleshooting, maintenance of the service(s) and related equipment, billing, and administrative purposes. Personal Information also includes Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), which is collected and used to provide VoIP services. CPNI includes any information that relates to the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use of our VoIP service, such as call detail, logs, and specifics regarding a User’s VoIP account. Please note that by law, CPNI does not include a User’s name, postal address, or telephone number.
Some forms of information as described below will be classified as Personal Information if required by applicable law or when such information is directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer, or device, or is combined with other forms of Personal Information.
Network Information: Visionary also collects Network Information, information about User access to, and use of, the Visionary Network, which may or may not be directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer, or device. For example, Visionary may collect information about the performance of the Provider Equipment installed on User premises, when User is using the service, the various devices User is utilizing to access the Visionary’s service, the amount of data User is transmitting and receiving, the websites User is visiting, and any other information that is transmitted over the Visionary Network. Visionary may also aggregate Network Information from multiple Users and Visionary will share such aggregated non-Personal information about the overall performance of the Visionary services and the Visionary network with our Affiliates and other third parties. Aggregated information does not identify a specific individual, computer, or device. We use Network Information to monitor and enhance the performance of the Visionary network. Visionary will not monitor the content of the websites viewed or email communications as part of Visionary’s standard network management.
Generally, Visionary will only monitor and preserve the following Network Information:
- When User is using Visionary’s service; and
- How User is using Visionary’s service, such as monitoring traffic patterns regarding websites visited, amount of data being sent or received, or other activity; and
- The amount of data User is transmitting and receiving through Visionary’s service; and
- General information regarding the performance of the Provider Equipment installed on User’s property or at User’s premises, and its interaction with the rest of Visionary’s network.
However, Visionary reserves the right to, and may, monitor, access, review and preserve any Network Information and/or content in the following situations:
- In response to an inquiry from User or another Authorized User on User’s account regarding User or their use of Visionary’s service or problems User or they are experiencing using Visionary’s service; or
- If Visionary has reason to believe User is using its service in violation of User’s Service Agreement or any applicable statutes, rules, ordinances, or regulations; or
- If Visionary has reason to believe User’s utilization of Visionary’s service is negatively affecting other Users; or
- When Visionary is required by law or legal process to do so, or when Visionary has good faith belief that Visionary is required by law or legal process to do so.
3. IS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED FOR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PURPOSES?
Visionary will use User Personal Information to send marketing and advertising messages related to our own services and website using User’s email address, postal address, or telephone number (for voice, texts, automated and pre-recorded calls).
Visionary may deliver a marketing or advertising message based on User visits to Visionary website, which will be general advertising or “Contextual Advertising,” which is advertising based on the subject matter or the content of the specific website page or subject matter. Visionary may also send User “First Party Advertising,” which is advertising or marketing that is customized or personalized based on a history of User’s use of our services (possibly combined with information from our Facebook fan page or other social network platforms). First Party Advertising is based solely on a combination of information Visionary collects from User – not from User’s visits to other websites across the Internet. Visionary may use CPNI for its own First Party Advertising for products/services a User has already purchased. Visionary will require User consent before using CPNI for marketing or advertising unrelated services. User may opt-out of First Party Advertising but not Contextual Advertising. No Personal Information is used to deliver Contextual Advertising; it automatically will appear based on the content or webpage User is viewing. And User may continue to receive general advertising if User opts-out of First Party Advertising, it will not be customized or personalized for User.
Visionary does not provide third party “Network Advertising,” which is advertising based on User’s overall Internet usage across different third-party websites or online services. Multiple third-party websites and online services are involved in this tailored or personalized advertising process, in essence a “network” of advertising providers. Because Visionary does not provide network ads, Visionary does not recognize the “Do Not Track” settings on various Internet browsers. Visionary does not engage or allow third parties to track you across the Internet and across time for advertising purposes.
4. Links to Third Party Websites and Services
5. Do We Disclose User Personal Information to Third Parties?
- To Our Affiliates and Resellers. Visionary relies on various Affiliates and Resellers in order to provide services to Users. Affiliates are companies that are related to Visionary by common ownership or control. Resellers are independent third-party businesses that will offer Visionary’s services to either their own Users or operate as agents to Visionary and sell Visionary services. Visionary may share Personal Information and non-Personal Information with our Resellers for business, operational purposes related to Visionary services.
- To Our Operational Service Providers: Visionary contract with other companies and people to perform tasks or services on Visionary’s behalf and need to share User Personal Information to provide products or services to Users. For example, Visionary may use a payment processing company to receive and process User’s ACH or credit card transactions for Visionary, or Visionary may contract with third parties to assist Visionary in optimizing Visionary’s network, installing services and/or responding to User service questions. Unless Visionary tells User differently, Visionary does not grant its Operational Service Providers any right to use the Personal Information Visionary shares with them beyond what is necessary to assist Visionary.
- For Business Transfers/Restructuring: Visionary may choose to buy or sell assets, or Visionary may sell assets or be sold. In these types of transactions, User Personal Information is typically one of the business assets that would be disclosed and transferred. Also, if Visionary (or Visionary’s assets) are acquired, or Visionary goes out of business, enters bankruptcy, or goes through some other change of control, including restructuring, re-organization or financing arrangements, Personal Information could be one of the assets disclosed, transferred to, or acquired by a third party.
- When Required by Law or in Response to Legal Process: Visionary reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any Personal Information when Visionary is required by law or legal process to do so, or if Visionary has a good faith belief that Visionary is required by law or legal process to do so.
6. How Do We Protect User Personal Information?
Visionary endeavors to protect the privacy of User’s account and other Personal Information using reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures. However, Visionary cannot and does not guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of Personal Information at any time. User’s account is protected by a User ID and password for User’s privacy and security. It is User’s responsibility to prevent unauthorized access to User’s account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting User password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to User computer, tablet or device and browser by signing off after User has finished accessing User’s account. User is required to notify Visionary immediately if User’s password or account has been disclosed to a person whose name does not appear on User’s account, even if you have allowed such disclosure. User understands, acknowledges, and agrees that User is solely responsible for any use of Visionary services via User’s username and password.
Additionally, if User contacts Visionary via website, telephone, or in person, Visionary will ask User for verification of User’s identification and account. User identification and account verification is obtained by 1) Verifying customer is listed as an authorized user, and 2) Verifying customer security code or PIN associated with the account. Users seeking access to Personal Information over the website, telephone, or in person must be listed as a contact on the active account. Otherwise, Visionary will request that the account owner directly contact Visionary to authorize the third party to make changes to the account. If customer does not have a security code or PIN on file, or customer is unable to recall their security code or PIN, customer must verify three of the following four pieces of information to confirm their identity 1) Date of birth 2) Email address and/or Phone number on file 3) Service Address and/or Mailing address 4) Last 4 digits on credit card on account (if applicable).
Visionary will not send an email or text, nor should User respond to any email or text communications asking for any sensitive or confidential Personal Information, such as social security number, bank account or credit card account number, or a driver’s license number. If User receives an email or text requesting any such information from Visionary or someone that claims they are with Visionary, please contact Visionary immediately via phone at 888-682-1884 or through our portal at https://www.vcn.com/contact/#form-csd.
7. What Disclosure Choices do Users Have?
8. What Personal Information Can Users Access, Modify and/or Delete?
Generally, User, and any User-authorized agent, may access the following Personal Information in User’s account:
- Full name
- Username and password
- Email address
- Telephone number; and
- Billing and Service address
- Account and billing information
By contacting Visionary at email@example.com, through the Visionary online access portal, and/or by calling the billing telephone number listed on Visionary’s website, Visionary may enable Users to view, access and modify User account settings, and in some cases, edit or delete the Personal Information listed above. Visionary will retain historic email, billing and/or service addresses for security and verification purposes and Users may not delete such information even after the subscription expires or terminates.
Existing Users may not delete any Personal Information necessary to provide and bill for Visionary services; Users, and a User-authorized agents, may only update or modify the following Personal Information: Full name, Username and password, email address, telephone number, and billing and service address.
Visionary may use any aggregated data derived from User’s Personal Information but not in a manner that would identify User personally. Visionary may also maintain Personal Information regarding User and User’s use of Visionary’s service after User is no longer a Visionary User as required by Visionary’s business practices, by law, and/or tax reporting purposes. The information User can view, update, and delete may also change if required by law. If User has any questions about viewing or updating information Visionary has on file about User, please contact Visionary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Visionary’s privacy practices and policies, please contact Visionary at 888-682-1884, by accessing Customer Service through the Visionary website or by calling Visionary Customer Service at 888-682-1884. You may also direct your privacy-related comments or questions to the address below:
Visionary Communications, Inc.
PO Box 2799
Gillette, WY 82717
California Privacy Statement
- For all requests, include User’s full name, street address, city, state, and zip code.
- In an email request, User must state “Re: Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and send User email to Visionary at email@example.com
- In a postal request, User must send a letter or post card to:
Visionary Communications, Inc.
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
PO Box 2799
Gillette, WY 82717