How to Disable E-Mail Scanning in Trend Micro's PC-cillin Internet Security.
Problem: PC-cillin Anti-virus
is scanning your e-mail, which may be causing some problems, such as
server time-outs, error messages, or inability to send out email
1. Right-click on that little blue and white pill on the taskbar and choose Open Main Console.
2. This brings up the main screen. Click Antivirus. [Note: If you have plain PC-cillin Antivirus rather than the Internet Security suite, you will not have this screen. Instead, you should have an item that says Email on the right-hand sidebar. Click on E-Mail and continue on -- the rest of the steps should be the same.]
3. Click Mail Scan, the third item.
4. Un-check Scan incoming messages retrieved using supported email clients . Click Apply.
5. Click the Outgoing tab and un-check Scan outgoing messages retrieved using supported email clients too. Click Apply.
6. Close up PC-cillin, and you should be set to get e-mail again."How to turn off PCcillan e-mail scanning" "How to turn off Pc cillin email scanning" "How to disable Pc cillin e-mail scanning" "How to disable Pccillin email scanning" "disable email scanning in Pccillin" "disable email scanning in Pc cillin" "disable email scanning with Pc-cillin" "Instructions to disable PC-cillin email scanning program" "PC-cillin's e-mail scanner" "PC-cillin's -mail scanning" PCculan PCcilun PC-insulin, screenshots screen-shots step-by-step "locking up", "locks up e-mail"