is scanning your e-mail, which may be causing some problems, such as server time-outs, error messages, inability to send out email messages, or your incoming mail server constantly changing to 127.0.0.1.Solution:
- Open McAfee Security Center. To do this click on the red letter "M" down at the bottom-right hand corner of your screen by the clock.
- Click on Virus Scan.
- Click on "Configure virus scan options" (at the top right-hand side of the window).
- Un-check "Scan email and attachments". Click OK.
- Click OK on the pop-up that tells you about the need to restart your e-mail program.
- Now you should be back on the main McAfee Security Center page. Click on Spam Killer, which is probably over on the left at the bottom.
- It says "Click here if you want to Disable Spam Killer." up at the top. Click there.
Now it should say "Email filtering is disabled" and/or "Spam Killer is not protecting your computer".
- Close McAfee.