The Internet light on the Actiontec will be red if the modem does not have a connection to the Internet.
Here are several things that would cause this to happen:
- Incorrect username or password are entered into the configuration.
- The customer's account is de-activated.
- PPP auto-connect is not enabled.
- The VPI/VCI has been changed on the CPE.
- The DSL light is flashing (though usually in this case the internet light will simply be off).
- There may be a network outage.
Incorrect username or password are entered into the configuration
The username and password programmed into the equipment must match the information entered in plat.
Customer's account is de-activated
The customer will have to pay the outstanding balance before the account will be re-activated.
The VPI/VCI has been changed on the CPE
Have the customer change the VPI/VCI back to the correct setting.
There may be a network outage
Check Nagios, co-workers or a NOC agent to find out if there is a network outage.
If the internet light is going red frequently, make sure the DSL modem has the latest firmware version installed.
Note: If the Actiontec is configured as a bridge the Internet Light will simply be off.