Please follow this procedure if your DSL connection goes down:
- Physically unplug the power cord to your DSL router; e.g. Actiontec, Zoom. If you have any router, hub or firewall unplug the power cord(s) to them as well.
- Wait about 30 seconds (this is usually sufficient time except with SHDSL, which needs ten minutes).
- Plug the power cord(s) back in.
- Wait until the Link or DSL & Internet lights stop blinking and come back on solid (internet light may flicker irregularly, and that's fine).
- Try your connection again. This means you should be able to reach the
VCN home page (http://home.vcn.com) with your browser and/or retrieve your
- If your connection does not work, reboot your computer and try the connection
again. This will ensure that your computer is connected to the router
If these steps do not restore your DSL connection, please check do following:
- switch cable connections between computer and router; ethernet cables do go bad.
- ensure that every phone device on your premises is using a DSL filter. E.g., adding an unfiltered answering machine will kill your DSL connection.
- ensure the telephone cable between your DSL modem and wall jack is unfiltered and plugged in tight on both ends.
After checking all of these options, if your DSL still does not work, call Visionary Technical
Support at 877-288-8389 (307-685-4121).