Wireless networking is disabled by default in your Actiontec GT701-WG. With just a few simple steps you can enable the wireless feature.
To enable wireless networking:
- Type 192.168.0.1 into the address field of your Web browser and press Enter.
- Select Setup/Configuration > Advanced Setup > Begin Advanced Setup > Wireless Setting.
- You must select a name (SSID) for your wireless home network, which must also be entered into any wireless-enabled computer or laptop.
- Finally, select On next to Wireless.
- Click Save and Restart on the left. Wait for the modem to come back online, and when it does, the wireless light should be on, and you should be set to go.
Wireless networking devices use public radio channels to transmit voice and data communications. Although WEP is the standard security technology used today and offers some degree of security, we cannot guarantee the security, privacy or confidentiality of any transmissions made via such devices. Visionary makes no assurances or warranties relating to their use by you.
Note: When enabling wireless networking you should probably set up encryption to protect your wireless access. If you do not set up wireless encryption your wireless link will be open for anyone to join. Please read the Actiontec GT701-WG user guide (contained on the distribution CD) for additional information to enable wireless security.
You are responsible for all use of your Visionary DSL service, regardless of the source of a transmission over your connection, whether by you or an authorized third party.