How to Setup IMAP with Outlook Express.
Setting up an IMAP account is very useful for a person that travels frequently or has multiple computers.
To setup IMAP do the following:
- Open Outlook Express
- Click Tools > Accounts
- Click Add at top right > Click Mail
- Enter your Display Name > Click Next
- Enter Email Address > Click Next
- Select IMAP on top Drop Down Menu
- Type pop3.domain.com in Incoming Mail Server (e.g. vcn.com, coffee.com, wavecom.net for domain.com)
- Type smtp.domain.com in Outgoing Mail Server (e.g. vcn.com, coffee.com, wavecom.net for domain.com) > Click Next
- Type in your Password > Click Next
- Click Finish and you are done
That should get you into your email account and it will leave the messages and only download the email information or headers which show you who the messages are from. When you Double Click on a message or click on it so that it will appear in the Preview Pain the message will then appear and you can Delete them at will.
To Delete a message you can highlight the message by left clicking one time and then clicking the Delete button in Outlook Express or Delete key on keyboard. Then you must Click Edit and Purge Deleted button at bottom.