- Run a search at www.download.com for Adaware. The search results will say something like Adaware SE 1.05
- Click Open when it asks you to Open, Save, Cancel or click More Info.
- Click Next until is says Finish and then click Finish. Also you must Accept the agreement for the program to install so it is up to you if you agree with the agreement license or not.
After installing Ad-aware, follow these steps to begin spyware removal:
- Connect to the Internet.
- Start Ad-aware.
- Click Check for Updates Now.
- Click Connect. If an update is available, click OK to download it. Click Finish.
- Click Next to begin your scan. Make sure you do a Full system scan, not a smart scan.
- If any objects are detected, Ad-Aware will show you a list of everything it found. Make sure everything on the list has a checkmark by it. To do this, right-click an item and choose Select All Objects.
- Click Next and OK to delete the additional objects.
- Run a second scan to make sure they didn't come back. Hopefully Ad-Aware will now find 0 objects. If it continues finding objects, or if you're still experiencing spyware symtoms(slow-down, pop-ups, etc.) see the article Preventing Spyware Problems for more steps to take.